Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Beginning Kindergarten Series, Day 2

Cal woke up earlier this morning and came and snuggled in bed with me and Teddy, who woke up WAY TOO early this morning. Cal said he got up early because he didn't want to be late for school and so he could spend more time with me. What a guy.

We walked to school with Gammy and they showed her their classroom. This week parents can walk the kindergartners to their rooms, but next week they have to start walking themselves. This fact caused a bit of anxiety for them this morning, but we talked about finding their way and it really could barely be any easier to get to their classroom, so that's helpful.

Ding! Round two
I told them I had an after school surprise for them. Honorary Aunt Margo came today so she walked with me to dismissal and they were surprised! They are trying to convince her to spend the night. Which she plans on, but they don't know it.

Margo!


Today they were more talkative on the way home, though I'm not sure I have a clear account about what actually happened today...

"P.E. was boring. All we learned was how to sit down." -Cal

"Our teacher was wrong, we had music, not art today. I don't know why she was wrong." -Clark

"It turns out I do like school." -Cal

"I liked yesterday better because everything was funner then." -Clark

"Guess what Dominick had in his lunch?! OREOS!" -Cal

Me: What did you do in music?

"All we did is just really talk." -Clark

"All we did was just sit. And she played music." -Cal

Me: Did you read a book?

"Yeah, we read a book. I don't know what it was about. I don't know what it was called." -Cal

"I don't remember what it was about it, either." - Clark


Good day! BEAR HUGS ALL AROUND!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...